Best Practices for Smart Sellers
Piedmont Preferred Realty, Inc. serves real estate buyers in Chapel Hill, NC;
1. Interview Listing Agents Interview listing agents before you decide who will represent you in the sale of your home and select the one who offers you the best value, the most comprehensive marketing plan and who has a steady stream of buyers.
2. Timeline Ask your listing agent to give you time lines for your customized marketing plan.
3. Regular Reports Require that he/she give you regular reports on showing feedback, what’s gone under contract, what homes have sold in your neighborhood as well as in competing neighborhoods, and an analysis of the current market.
4. Pricing Strategy Have a pricing strategy mapped out before your home goes on the market.
5. Review Listing for Accuracy Make sure that your listing agent is accurately representing your property: i.e. review the mls info, review all flyers and ad copy because what your agent does you do in the eyes of the law.
6. Make Repairs Make any obvious repairs before the house goes on the market.
7. Home Show Plan Have a home show plan and carry it out.
8. Require Written Offers Require any offers be put into writing before you respond.
9. Consider Improvements In a tough buyer’s market, consider seriously making low-cost high-return improvements that will help your home stand out above the competition.
10. Consider Offering Help with Financing In a tough buyer’s market, consider seriously offering to help with some of the financing if that will significantly broaden the market for your home.
Call Piedmont Preferred Realty, Inc. for your free, no obligation consultation today at (919)225-1498 mailto:Broker@PiedmontPreferred.com